3D CT Scan
Our practice utilizes the most advanced system , the Planmeca ProMax 3D cone-beam CT (computed tomography) technology that provides highly accurate 3D radiographic images for the diagnosis, planning and treatment of oral surgery.
This technology provides highly accurate 3D radiographic images for the diagnosis, planning and treatment of dental implantology, TMJ analysis, airway assessment, oral surgery and other dental procedures. Undistorted, anatomically correct views of the jaws, teeth and facial bones along with cross-sectional (bunco-lingual), axial, coronal, sagittal, cephalometric and panoramic views are easily generated.
Three-dimensional (3D) images enable a level of anatomical accuracy and patient care not possible with 2D technologies. With the addition of cone-beam CT technology in our office, our practice is committed to providing innovative, high quality, patient care.
Benefits of Cone beam CT Scans
- Location of anatomic structures: mandibular canal, submandibular fossa, incisive canal, maxillary sinus
- Size and shape of ridge, quantity and quality of bone
- Number, angulation of implants
- Need for bone graft, sinus lift
- Use of implant planning software (Dr. Dean will plan the exact position and location of your implants prior to any surgery)
- Relationship of third molar roots to mandibular canal to minimize any nerve damage
- Localization of impacted teeth, foreign objects, extra teeth
- Localization and characterization of lesion in the jaws
- Relationship of lesion to teeth and other structures